From January 23-26, 2023, EURAMED rocc-n-roll will hold a radiation protection training event for health professionals.
The WP7 objectives are to design and pilot a dedicated education and training (E&T) methodological framework for health professionals and researchers and guidance document on how to organize, implement and disseminate E&T in medical RP among health professionals and how to include E&T in all research projects to enable researchers a sound knowledge base of the science required for RP research, to build capacity in RP research and ensure sustainability of the field, including the link with industry regarding new technological developments, from a RP perspective.
Based on that work and to pilot the proposed methodology, an exemplary training event will be carried out dedicated for health professionals (clinical staff).
This exemplary training event will be organized through four webinars (2 hours each: 18:00 – 20:00 CET) on the following topics:
Webinar 1 – 23/01/2023 | 18:00 – 20:00 CET
Dose management of patient and staff
- Understanding procedure dose descriptors
- Rasing awareness of radiation benefits and risks
- Understanding staff monitoring
Webinar 2 – 24/01/2023 | 18:00 – 20:00 CET
Dose reduction strategies in fluoroscopy guided procedures
- Understanding the use of dose descriptors in FGP
- Applying patient dose reduction strategies
- Applying staff dose reduction strategies
Webinar 3 – 25/01/2023 | 18:00 – 20:00 CET
Dose reduction strategies in CT
- Understanding the use of dose descriptors in CT
- Applying optimal dose reduction tools
- Becoming familiar with optimisation process (dose and image quality)
Webinar 4 – 26/01/2023 | 18:00 – 20:00 CET
Establishment and use of DRL’s
- Understanding the DRL’s establishment
- Becoming aware of DRL’s challenges per image modality
- Understanding the utility of using DRLs
This will serve as a strategy to establish a harmonised and sustainable safety culture in RP amongst health professionals.
Registration is open to healthcare professionals on a first-come-first-saved basis.